what is ragging
(As defined by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India)
Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness and junior student, indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance hartship or psychological harms or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or junior student.
Ragging constitutes one or any of the follows acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student;
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Punishment for Participation in/or Abutment of Ragging:
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 4 semesters or equivalent period
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution
- Fine up to Rs. 25,000/
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
The students therefore strictly directed to desist from any kind of ragging.
ANTI RAGGING COMMTTEE
It is a body at institutional level to establish measures for prohibiting, preventing and banning activities of Ragging Menace within and outside the campus in accordance with AICTE/UGC Regulations, supreme court directives and state act, the committee is responsible for taking action against those found guilty of ragging and or abetting ragging, actively or passively or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging. The Anti Ragging Committees of GNIOT MBA Institute is as follows:-
|1||Dr. Savita Mohan||Director||Chairperson||8860606647|
|2||Dr. Avijit Kumar Dey||HOD||Co-Ordinator||8860606658|
|3||Mr. Ayan Goswami||Asst. Prof.||Co-Ordinator||9911126974|
|4||Mr. Alok Mohan||Asst. Prof.||Co-Ordinator||7503037774|
|5||Mr. Ashish Dixit||Asst. Prof.||Member||9990612012|
|6||Mr. Deepak Bansal||Asst. Prof.||Member||8826735511|
|7||Ms. Snehlata Verma||Asst. Prof.||Member||9911038321|
|8||Mr. Imran||Registrar||Member Secretary||8860606668|